Dolphins jumping in the air. The over-the-top orca show. The delicious food. It was difficult to narrow down the most fun things we experienced during our recent day at SeaWorld Orlando, but here are a few of our favorites:
1. One Ocean. This is the infamous killer whale show, featuring smart and beautiful orca whales. It is amazing that these mammoth creatures can leap so high into the air! This and the dolphin show are the most thrilling shows at the park.
2. Dolphin Days. Similar to One Ocean, this show features several well-trained dolphins performing wondrous feats. Don't miss this show when you visit!
3. Antartica: Empire of the Penguin exhibit. Who does not love the cute way that penguins
waddle? Even better are the frigid cold temperatures, allowing a brief reprieve from the Florida heat.
4. Pets Ahoy. I was surprised that this show - featuring all types of animals, including mice, ducks, cats and dogs - was so entertaining for both children and adults. This was my first time seeing this show, and I will definitely check it out again!
5. The food. SeaWorld restaurants have other options than just burgers and fries, unlike some other theme parks. We ate flavorful, healthy food at Seafire Grill. We would recommend the fajitas, the Tex-Mex Bowl, and the desserts.
Unfortunately, the roller coasters were having technical issues and long waits the day we visited, so I can't provide a review of those. When you visit this summer, beware of the heat. The park is hot and there is a lot of walking. The dolphin, sea lion and orca shows are outdoors, so they do not provide much relief from the heat - unless you sit near the stage/ tanks!
Fab animals, food at Disney's Animal Kingdom
Don't miss new Star Wars event at Disney Hollywood Studios
Wednesday, May 31, 2017
Thursday, May 4, 2017
|Meyer Lemon & Ricotta Ravioli - Photo by Mike Blank|
Here are the other top 4 reasons to visit this restaurant - as well as other Seasons 52 locations:
1. The service.Julian Koerner, the manager, and our server, Matt, both took care of our every need. It truly was an outstanding service experience.
2. Brunch (including Mother's Day brunch!). The Orange Marmalade Parfait Mini Starter was decadent and not too sweet, and the Shakshuka was truly original. This dish consists of two eggs baked in a sauce of sweet peppers, tomatoes, chorizo sausage and feta cheese. While it was delicious and unique, there was too much pepper/ tomato sauce, for my taste. However, we loved the Eggs Benedict on toasted brioche, with mushrooms and spinach.
|Mini Desserts - Photo by Mike Blank|
3. New spring dishes. Our favorite dish on the new menu was the Meyer Lemon & Ricotta Ravioli, with brown butter, roasted peppers and English peas. This dish is beautiful to look at, and delicious to eat. It is also a very light dish. Other seasonal dishes you should try include: Crispy Green Tomato and Burrata Board with honeycomb, Kona-Crusted Rack of Lamb, and Stir-Fried Snow Peas with Shitake Mushrooms.
4. Mini-desserts. Who can resist Seasons 52's Mini Desserts? No matter how full we are, we always have to order one or two of these. Our favorites on this visit were: Belgian Chocolate S'More, Chocolate Peanut Butter Torte and Mocha Macchiato.
Full Seasons 52 photo album available on Flavorful Excursions' Facebook page.
*A special thanks to Julian Koerner and Courtney Moed for setting up this media dinner for Flavorful Excursions.