Many of us have been lucky enough to eat at the Tibby's on Aloma Ave. in Winter Park. But I was delighted to join friends for a fun evening recently at Tibby's new Altamonte Springs location. Here are the top reasons
|Photo courtesy Tibby's|
1. The atmosphere. You really feel like you are in New Orleans at both restaurants, but I especially love the decor at the Altamonte Springs Tibby's. The owners brought in huge decorations for the walls that were used on floats during Mardi Gras parades. If you are from the city or have visited there, you will recognize many of the banners and decorations at Tibby's.
2. The drinks. Where else can you get Abita Purple Haze on tap, served in an oversized glass goblet? Tibby's has a ton of a beers on tap plus a full liquor bar. And really great Happy Hour specials with great live music.
3. The Shrimp Alligator Cheesecake. If you have never had this appetizer before, run to your nearest Tibby's. My husband says he will go back just to eat as much of this as possible. Three cheeses, shrimp, alligator meat and bread crumbs make this a smooth, delectable, unusual, delicious thing to eat.
|Seafood Gumbo. Photo courtesy of Tibby's|
5. The Shrimp or Crawfish Etoufee. If you have never had it, etoufee is a tomato-based creamy seafood sauce that goes great over rice, seafood, or chicken. Tibby's version is truly delicous and spiced just right.
6. The beignets. These are different from the ones you get at Cafe DuMonde in New Orleans, but I really like the twist. They are more of a crunchy, fried doughnut with a ton of powdered sugar. The best dessert I have had in quite awhile!
Of course, there are a number of other Creole dishes on the menu that are amazing. You need to check out Tibby's for yourselves. Why not start your culinary adventure on Fat Tuesday?
Post a Comment