LakeHouse is the renovated version of the previous restaurant, Cascades. Man, it is starkly different than its predecessor. Missing is the huge mermaid fountain, which will be made into a bronze statue, and out-of-date decor. This place has been completely transformed into a modern, hip place to dine or simply meet for cocktails. When I am looking for a good restaurant in the attractions area - for a special occassion or every day dining - I will now consider LakeHouse first.
And that is because of the stellar menu - basically comfort food with a twist. Plus, the food is fresh, seasonal and local - and I can enjoy my food in a beautiful atmosphere, with a view of a lake, a fountain, greenery and an expansive herb garden. Even though I have dined at many different restaurants, I tasted some cocktails and dishes that I have never had before. Here are a few of our favorites:
1. Almond Filled Dates wrapped in Bacon. First, I never thought about pairing dates and crispy bacon before now. I wish I had, because I would be eating this daily at home! This small plate is a perfect app, and the Sriracha dip brings the perfect amount of heat.
2. Margherita Pizza. Simple but delicious pizza with sliced Roma tomatoes, Mozzarella, torn basil and parmesan. We also loved the House Pizza (Chef's Special), which featured peaches and goat cheese on this occasion.
3. Filet Mignon with Herb Bread Pudding, Port Wine Sauce, Beech Mushroom and Asparagus. You had me at Herb Bread Pudding. I could have eaten this - and the Port Wine Sauce - all day. I was also impressed that the filet was perfectly cooked and seasoned.
4. Grilled Shrimp Cocktail with Spicy Bloody Mary Sauce. Wow. The shrimp were grilled and seasoned perfectly, and we love the corresponding sauce with a kick of heat. This is much different than your average Shrimp Cocktail dish - and tastes much better.
|Filet Mignon with Herb Bread Pudding|
5. Sushi, sashimi and nigiri. All of the options we tried were delicious, but the HRGC roll was our favorite. The roll features krab salad, avocado, sliced mango and eel sauce. Yum!
There were also a variety of beautiful desserts. We weren't blown away by the taste of some, but we loved the presentation of Milk & Cookies, which can be ordered for an individual or the whole table.
I will miss the mermaid statue! The food looks intriguing, though. :)ReplyDelete
Katie - I'm so bummed about the mermaid statue! However, they are going to bronze it and feature it somewhere else in the resort!Delete
With the semester reaching an end, various understudies on grounds, including myself, are starting to consider graduation in December. Graduation is a period for joy and festivity.oishii lynchburgReplyDelete
This comment has been removed by the author.ReplyDelete
An ever increasing number of individuals currently are more mindful of their wellbeing, eating sustenances that will make their bodies fit and sound.food franchisesReplyDelete
So luck to come across your excellent blog. Your blog brings me a great deal of fun.. Good luck with the site. Best Breakfast in Seminyak BaliReplyDelete
I am extremely delighted in for this web journal. Its a useful subject. It help me all that much to take care of a few issues. Its chance are so awesome and working style so rapid. catering per matrimoniReplyDelete
This enables the eatery to be have substantially more customer base thus, and give every representative more work.ReplyDelete
Mexican Restaurant and Catering in Cartersville, GA
Spot on with this write-up, I truly assume this website wants rather more consideration. in all probability be again to learn way more, thanks for that info. restaurant menusReplyDelete
If you want your customers to enjoy delightful breakfast, be sure to include breakfast supplies such as cereals, frosted mini wheat, Chex, and Cherios in your food menu lists.Toronto Japanese dessertReplyDelete
There is a festival which is held in the parish of Portland called the Bussu Festival. sea moss drink recipeReplyDelete