Well, we ate nearly all the way around the world at this year's Epcot Food and Wine Festival! As always, the outstanding chefs at Walt Disney World and Epcot got it right. Nearly every dish we had was creative, perfectly seasoned and executed and gave us the opportunity to try another country's cuisine. For example, my husband discovered that he may like African food, based on the very spicy and flavorful Buttered Chicken with Micro Cilantro and Naan Bread.
We tried so many dishes - and a few drinks and desserts too - and narrowed them down to our Top 10 Favorites, to save you time and money.
1. Lobster and Seafood Fishermen's Pie at the Ireland pavilion. This was my personal favorite meal of the Festival. The lobster, tiny scallops and shrimp were not overcooked, and we loved the flavor of the sauce. The only complaint: the mashed potatoes were so smooth, I wondered if they were fake. This was also the most filling dish I had, compared to other dishes that seem so skimpy.
2. Liquid Nitro Almond Truffle at the new Chew Lab pavilion. While the outside of this scrumptious dessert is "frozen" with liquid nitrogen, the inside is the most delicious dark chocolate mousse I have had. The crispy, crunchy almond sprinkles on top pair perfectly with the mousse. Don't waste your time on other desserts; get this one.
3. Croissant with Escargot in France. I love that the France pavilion switched it up this year from the traditional escargot to baking the snails in a croissant. The croissant was delicious, but the herb garlic butter inside and on top of the croissant made this dish.
4. Loaded Mac 'n Cheese with Pepper Bacon. While we were too full to try this dish, I have heard so many good things from others that I can safely recommend this! Some even say it is the best mac 'n cheese they have had.
5. Buttered Chicken with Micro Cilantro and Naan Bread in Africa. Let me tell you, this one was a surprise for us. The sauce was so spicy and flavorful, and the buttered, lightly toasted bread was a perfect accompaniment.
6. Tequila flight - in Mexico of course! Tequila is not my thing, but the people I was with loved the dark gold tequila, saying it tasted better than Patron!
7. "Le Cellier" Wild Mushroom Filet Mignon with Truffle Butter Sauce in Canada. The beef was cooked perfectly and this dish was very flavorful.
8. Lamb Meatball with Spicy Tomato Chutney in New Zealand. The spicy tomato chutney was a nice surprise, and paired perfectly with the lamb.
9. Roasted Verlasso Salmon with Quinoa Salad and Arugula Chimichurri in Patagonia. The salmon was cooked perfectly, and we liked the light salad and flavorful chimichurri.
10. Crispy Pork Belly with Black Beans and Tomato at the Brazil pavilion. We featured this one last because ours was slightly overcooked. Still, it was very flavorful and delicious.
Top 8 New Dishes at Epcot Food and Wine
The Best Dishes at Epcot Food and Wine Festival
Hi there! Nice stuff, do keep me posted when you post again something like this! healthy snacksReplyDelete